Saturday 17 November 2012

reading and writing and reviewing...

I'm currently reading a novel by Rose Anderson entitled Loving Leonardo. Well researched and historical. Liking it.  MM- something I don't read a lot of but so nicely done. I expect a MMF in the next few chapters!

Wrote a FFM several months ago, a challenge for me but totally enjoyed it. Surrounded didn't sell as well-was it the FF?  I wonder. Nice reviews and feedback from those who did read it. I think it's a hidden gem, biased or no, lol.

I read a lot, and I mean a lot. I read as much as I write. Don't seem to find much time for anything else! I review what I write too, fair and square. Never say anything I wouldn't to the author's face. Which brings me to reviewing-what is it with people who hide behind their Internet ID? Cowards. It's fine not to like a book bc of the content but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Say your piece about the content-if the blurb didn't give you a hint about whether it was for you or not, that's one thing. But if you don't like the content, say so, but consider if it was well written or not and remark on that.

I recently read a book that offended me to the point I was disturbed for days. I hated the content. But could she write! Absolutely. I'll never read the book again and shared my opinion on the subject matter-the blurb didn't even hint at it- but I gave credit where credit was due.  Deep POV, well researched and captivating. It just wasn't for me and I write dark stuff too.

No comments:

Post a Comment